bsa motorcycles - BSA M20

    

> GO BACK

  BSA MOTORCYCLE::   1940 BSA M20

bsa m20

 

 

The BSA M20 was a British motorcycle made by Birmingham Small Arms Company (BSA) at their factory in Small Heath, Birmingham. Initially viewed as a near failure by the War Office in 1936, the M20 evolved into one of the longest serving motorcycles in the history of British military motorcycling, as well as becoming the most numerous type produced for World War II with 126,000 in active service, so many are still in use around the world today.

At the outbreak of World War II BSA were Britain's largest motorcycle manufacturer with a long history of armaments supply to the armed forces. Designed by Val Page the BSA M20 started development in 1937 as a heavy framed sidecar model with a simple 500cc single cylinder side valve engine. It had low compression and plenty of low end torque through a standard BSA gearbox.

Photo from kind permission of the Motorbike Search Engine  www.motorbike-search-engine.co.uk

Information sourced from Wikipedia

    Copyright 2008 - RM - ClassicBSAMotorcycles.co.uk  BSA MOTORCYCLES