bsa motorcycles

    

> GO BACK

  BSA MOTORCYCLE::   1960 BSA DANDY 70cc

 

bsa dandy

 

Although the Birmingham Small Arms Company had experimented with powered two-wheelers in the latter years of the 19th Century and then again in 1905. Those first motorcycles made by BSA in the early 1900s used proprietary engines such as the Belgian Minerva, and it was not until 1910 that the firm introduced a model entirely of its own design and manufacture. The first series-production model to feature the marque?s distinctive green and cream tank colours was a 499cc (3?hp) sidevalve single, built initially with single-speed, belt-drive transmission and later on with a three-speed countershaft gearbox in the case of the Model K. Well engineered and equally well made, this first BSA proved an enormous success and for 1914 was joined by a 557cc (4?hp) long-stroke development. Intended for sidecar duty, the Model H version incorporated a stronger frame and forks, the three-speed gearbox and fully enclosed all-chain drive. Bob Berrow acquired this Model K in December 1982. Apparently well restored, the machine is offered with MoT to January 2008, road fund licence to 31.01.08 and Swansea V5C registration document.

Photo from kind permission of the Motorbike Search Engine  www.motorbike-search-engine.co.uk

    Copyright 2008 - RM - ClassicBSAMotorcycles.co.uk